Cogwheel Marketing attended the HSMAI Digital Conference in New York this January. Here are 10 interesting facts and useful (or useless) tidbits to take home with you.
- There were 150 billion searches last month with an average length 4 words in which 20% never been seen before. *Mind blown*
- 53% people leave a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds, but the average travel mobile site 6 seconds.
- 2/3 of travelers are undecided on a destination when looking to travel and 62% are looking at 2 or more destinations per Expedia
- Show value but lead with experience. So simple yet so powerful.
- Read your TripAdvisor reviews to see if strategy of who you are is aligned with who you want to be.
- STR reports need to evolve, badly. Yep.
- Voice Search is estimated to be 50% of searches by 2020.
- Wonder how hotel marketers are allocating their budgets? Thanks, Sojern.
- Alexa Skill is the technology that connects you to the Alexa interface.
- Waymo has 10+ million road miles under its belt. (Cogwheel will be checking out a class 4 driverless car here in Seattle.)
Are you ready for Web 3.0?